For almost a decade I have been pushing the boundaries of digital expectations. From launching one of the first live streaming sports sites in high school to leading strategy for our digital breaking news coverage at KTTS News, I have a passion for innovation. I am hyper-focused on content and the way we deliver it to audiences. Together we can continue to make connections and exceed expectations.
Central Digital Site Leader, Radio , Scripps Media 2016 – present
– Support and develop a unified digital strategy among 34 market-leading Radio stations
– Work with local staffs to plan and execute strong digital content to be promoted on air
– Integrate centralized news
– Recognize and market a variety of initiatives tailored to consumers of various radio formats
– Create and develop centralized digital contests and other interactives
– Calendar planning; preparation ahead of big events marketable to individual or all stations
– Work with teams at local stations to share daily digital content and best practices
– Provide expertise and support to the local stations on site page designs
– Work with the central analytics team to effectively measure the progress of user engagement on our digital platforms
– Work collaboratively with colleagues as needed on initiatives related to the overall success of Scripps radio
Director of Digital, Scripps Media (KMTV) 2015 – 2016
– Set and execute local digital strategy to achieve business goals.
– Manage Digital Department staff.
– Responsible for creating and managing internal systems and processes to keep all digital platforms up-to-date, current, and competitive with local news and information (text, video, data) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
– Partner with local sales management to achieve revenue targets.
– Capitalize on alternate revenue streams, including passive revenue.
– Responsible for the overall management and functionality of KMTV.com, and all other assigned digital platforms, such as mobile, tablet and social and third-party/syndicated.
– Work collaboratively with corporate digital team on implementation, support and training for current and new products and platforms.
– Work with the local News Director to create and manage internal systems and processes to keep all digital platforms up-to-date, current, and competitive with local news and information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
– Optimize pages and sections of the website for search (SEO).
– Track monthly analytics, including standard web, advertiser, video, mobile and social.
– Work closely with all departments (including News, Advertising, Marketing, Sales) in a collaborative manner to support their digital needs.
– Conceptualize and create new content areas on the website and manage others engaged in similar assignments.
– Work with site partners and advertisers to create and maintain web content, including the incorporation, insertion and maintenance of native content or advertiser creative and video commercials into the sites or apps.
– Some design of advertiser creative may be required.
– Troubleshoot any and all problems that may develop with the website.
– Provide digital training and development for station colleagues.
Digital Content Producer, Scripps Media (KTTS, KSPW, KRVI, KSGF) — 2013 – 2015
Monitor the web and social media to find content that can be curated and published across all 4 station websites (KTTS, KSPW, KSGF, & KRVI). Produce organic content, both onsite and from the newsroom, during breaking news, community events and concerts. This content includes story summaries, media galleries, curated videos, audio from our stations and other interactive content to best engage our audiences and drive traffic to our sites.
Train other members of 50 person team on best practices and industry trends. Hold direct responsibility for content quality and timelessness across four market-leading sites and several micro-sites.
Develop content strategy for multiple mobile apps, each with a distinct target audience. Work as a member of the Springfield Operations digital team to develop and implement new digital products across our platforms. Provide additional content as time allows to the Scripps National Team for distribution across more than 100 platforms.
Intern, Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association — 2012-2o14
Update and maintain industry standard website for 1000+ members and the public by uploading data, pictures and maintaining accurate accounting for member profiles/events. Answer calls for the Lawyer Referral Service and determine the best attorney to refer them to. Assist in updating social media outlets such as e-mail blast, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Setup and assist at member events and board meetings. Data entry of internal member information into databases. Create flyers, letters, and documents for members, clients, and donors. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Owner, Chaser Media — 2011-present
Local entrepreneur using background in social media and web design to offer a quality product exceeding customers expectations at a reasonable price. Develop skills in running a sole proprietor business and managing day to day aspects of a company.
News Anchor/Reporter KTTS News, Journal Broadcast Group — 2012 – September 2013
Develop and produce breaking news, sports, feature and other content for the KTTS newsroom. Anchor and produce KTTS Need To Know News for both KTTS and KSGF. Produce and break stories on KTTS.com as an industry leader in online news. Be an active member of the KTTS Storm Team to provide life saving information to Journal Broadcast listeners across four stations.
National Social Media Coordinator, Mister Car Wash — 2011-2012
Coordinate with the corporate team in Arizona to bring the fastest growing car wash company in the United States a social media solution for over 75 locations. Continue to implement and manage a developing pay-per-click campaign through Google AdWords. Test and report on in-market campaigns as requested. Participate as a member of the administrative team in the Springfield market to engage at community events.
Freelance Reporter, KY3 Sports — 2011
Independently work to produce work for NBC affiliate on a deadline. Covered high school football through social media, written stories, and sports action photography around the southwest Missouri area.
Director of New Media, Orman LLC — 2010-2011
Create website from organic state, implement and develop SEO improvement. Produce professional company photos using DSLR equipment. Recommend and establish social media presence to increase brand awareness and engage customers in special events.
Chase was indispensable to us during his tenure as an intern at the SMBA. Not only was he able to efficiently complete any task typically assigned to our interns, he was frequently relied upon to assist with IT and other technical issues. Chase is a natural problem solver and has been an incredible asset to the SMBA.Crista Hogan
Chase is very driven and has an incredible knack for thinking outside the box. He developed our business website from start to finish in an amazing amount of time. Chase has a very high level of integrity and is capable of taking your ideas and putting them to work for you. I would highly recommend Chase Snider for any website or social media needs.Denise McCoy
Drury University, Springfield, Missouri – Business Management and Marketing, 2018
Pre Law Undergraduate School, University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville, Arkansas – 2012
Kickapoo High School, Honors Diploma, Springfield, Missouri – 2011
Journal Broadcast Group – Guiding Principles Award in Excellence – 2012
Journal Broadcast Group – Guiding Principles Award in Excellence – 2014
Southwest Missouri Leadership Conference – Outstanding Leader of the Ozarks – 2010
St. Jude Walk/Run Strategic Committee – 2015-present
Lost and Found Grief Center – Memorial Balloon Release Executive Committee – 2012-2015, 2018
Lost and Found Grief Center – Youth Ambassador Board 2016 – present
Keynote Speaker – Society of Professional Journalist Regional Conference – 2015
Alternative Spring Break Service Project – Drury University – March 2012
- DSLR photography with experience in news, sports, and politics. 81%
- Adobe Photoshop CC, Bridge, InDesign 69%
- WordPress development and basic PHP experience 72%
- Journalism coverage, AP style 89%
- Website development and content management 89%
- Social media management and strategy 93%
- Digital brand development 81%
- Multi-Regional Pay-Per-Click Campaigns 73%
- Apple and Windows technical background 71%
- Microsoft Office and Apple iWork 81%